- Start Date: Immediate
- Location: Thurmaston, Leicester
- To document and maintain site risk assessments and safe systems of work for all operations on site.
- To ensure the site is complying with the company’s HR, Health & Safety and Quality Management System processes and procedures.
- Recording, investigating and responding to all internal and external non-conformities in a timely manner.
- Recording and investigating all H&S accidents, near-misses and incidents in a timely manner.
- Recording and investigating all third party recommendations (i.e. Customer audits, pest control etc.)
- Assist in the co-ordination and implementation of any corrective or preventative actions – including changes to the QMS system, staff training etc. (as necessary).
- To investigate supplier non-conformities and raise compensation claims as appropriate.
- Monthly GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) and H&S audits across all site zones.
- To assist in BRC/ISO9001/FSC audit preparation as required.
- Ad-hoc projects as specified by the Head of Compliance.
Job Purpose: To assist the Head of Compliance to achieve and maintain HSE and Quality Management System (BRC/ISO9001) compliance within the business.
- A Nebosh or IoSH accreditation in Health and Safety.
- A good understanding of BRC and/or ISO9001 processes and procedures.
- A continuous improvement and lean manufacturing background.
- Knowledge of Fire Safety Regulations, Health and Safety regulations and emergency procedures.
- Good communication skills at all levels within an organisation.
- A self-motivated, positive can-do attitude with an attention to detail.
- The ability to see potential problems before they arise, and the desire for continuous improvement.
- The ability to objectively audit an area or process to identify non-conformities or unsafe working practices.
- Problem solving techniques.
- Working Week: Mon-Fri (40 hours/week)